Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Monkeys at the Market!


My favorite part of the day is lunch. Not only because we actually close clinic for an hour and half and I get to eat, but because I get to go to the closest market--Supa Save. This is a very special place. There is a family of monkeys living in the trees next to the parking lot! I'm fascinated by this. Bruneins are unphased. Anyway, they are super cute--especially the babies.


The doctors in clinic tell great stories about them. Like the two monkeys that tore a license plate off a car. They were carrying it away (each holding one side) when the car owner caught them in the act. Apparently, their endurance is not too great--while being chased up hill the monkeys got tired of running and carrying the plate so they turned around and threw it at the car owner. They are like mischievous little children.

If you can zoom in on the photos (above) you'll notice the mama monkey with a little newborn. I'm sure you'll see more monkey pictures from me in the future.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute, but you cannot bring one home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg the monkeys are so cute!! the pic with the mama and baby is precious. I loved the story about the license plate.

    ReplyDelete